Friday, January 29, 2010

Gubi - Gubi : Rise UP & ABZ Exclusive Interview


[Click on the image to download]

I knew her since 2008. She was one of the original gubi - gubi artist back then, and she has contributed a lot in making me to be the artist / individual that i am now... no body knows pain killah before, until she came and change it all...

Abi is back with a new Gubi-Gubi custom!! Just like Jack Hankins of horrorwood.. Abi has something to say about her new born custom! Enjoy!

"Set goals for yourself and work hard to achieve them. Rise up to be all you can be"
Abigail Braceros

Who is the Main Person behind The name ABZ? what do you do for living?

Hi! I'm Abi Braceros and I'm a designer/illustrator at a design company on Maui.

ABZ sounded like ABC in which means Ais Batu Campur (A Type of Dessert made from Ice) Hahaha... what does it means actually?

Wow, interesting that my online name sounds like a Malaysian dessert.Yum. Actually, Abz is just one of the many nicknames I have. A lot of my friends call me Abs so when I began participating in online forums, I changed the 's' to 'z'. Just trying to make the spelling of Abs cooler. :)

I ask this question to Jack Hankins of horrowood, what is the main messages behind the custom? rise again! there must be a story behind it!! and i am dying to know!

Anytime I do a custom, my main goal is to create a cool character. For this character I gave him a shirt, 'RISE UP', on the back 'WE RISE TOGETHER'. The inspiration for the words was from two songs by The Flobots, 'Stand Up' and 'Rise'. These songs speak of fighting for what you believe in. Doing what is right. The words can be interpreted in many ways. What they also mean to me is to set goals for yourself and work hard to achieve them. Rise up to be all you can be.
Pain Killah Interrupt : Let us all rise, this custom is an inspiration to all artists out there!!

Gubi-Gubi Lovers and Fan will absolutely be grateful for this awesome custom!!! Any words to the Fan!!

To the fans, first I would say, THANK YOU for everything. Secondly, you can do anything if you put your heart and soul into it!

Thank you Abi, thank you once again!! let this custom be an inspiration to all of us!! let us rise up and achieve what ever we couldn't achieve before!!

Brought to you by Pain Killah Art

No comments:

Post a Comment